From July 9, 2018.
We don’t think its fair for patients to pay over $90 ($50+ gap) in the CBD for simple issues that only take a few minutes to sort out.
Our fees are based on the time actually spent with the doctor. As a result our average gap fee (after Medicare rebate) is about $10.
We will take the time to properly deal with the issue at hand - it takes as long as it takes, but we don't allocate longer than needed and charge the patient for it. If the problem is sorted, its sorted.
For Medicare card holders:
Bulk-Billed - Strictly these reasons only :
- Scripts - repeat scripts for medication already being taken
- Injections -allergy/depot contraceptive/B12 only
- Vaccinations - flu & whooping cough only (NOT travel vaccinations)
- Referral - repeat referrals including GP Mental Health Plans
- Must book a 5 minute appointment
- Appointment should take a few minutes only
- NO other issues
Private Fee - All other issues :
- The fee is based on the actual time spent with the doctor:
< 10 Mins :
- $7 Gap Fee
- 0:00 - 9:59 (mins:secs)
- $44.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
10-15 Mins :
- $14 Gap Fee
- 10:00 - 14:59 (mins:secs)
- $51.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
15-20 Mins :
- $21 Gap Fee
- 15:00 - 19:59 (mins:secs)
- $58.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
20+ Mins :
- $28 Gap Fee
- 20:00 + (mins:secs)
- $100.80 paid with $72.80 instantly back from Medicare
- $85 gap after Medicare rebates (total will vary based on item numbers)
- $25 Fluquadri (Quadrivalent flu vaccine)
- $75 Havrix (Hepatitis A)
- $25 Engerix-B/HBII VAX (Hepatitis B)
- $85 Twinrix (Hepatitis A + B)
- $65 Typhim Vi (Typhoid)
- $165 Vivaxim (Hepatitis A + Typhoid)
- $150 Gardasil (HPV)
- $45 Boostrix (Whooping cough/Tetanus/Diptheria)
All patients without a Medicare card are billed $81
Payment is made at time of consultation
- Full payment is made by Cash, Credit Card or EFTPOS.
- We use EASYCLAIM which puts your Medicare rebate back into your account within seconds.