We don’t think its fair for patients to pay over $90 ($50+ gap) in the CBD for simple issues that only take a few minutes to sort out.
Our fees are based on the time actually spent with the doctor.
As a result our average gap fee (after Medicare rebate) is about $15.
We will take the time to properly deal with the issue at hand - it takes as long as it takes, but we don't allocate longer than needed and charge the patient for it. If the problem is sorted, its sorted.
All patients without a Medicare card are billed $81.
For Medicare card holders:
These issues ONLY are Bulk-Billed:
Must book a 5 min appointment and the appointment must last only a few mins. NO other issues - otherwise the < 10 min fee will apply.
- Scripts (ONLY)
- De-sensitisation injections (ONLY)
- Flu/whooping cough vaccinations (ONLY)
- Referrals (ONLY)
- Repeat wart treatment (ONLY)
All other issues must book a 10 min appointment.
< 10 Mins : $15 Gap Fee
- 0:00 - 9:59 (mins:secs)
- $52.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
10 - 15 Mins : $20 Gap Fee
- 10:00 - 14:59 (mins:secs)
- $57.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
15 - 20 Mins : $25 Gap Fee
- 15:00 - 19:59 (mins:secs)
- $62.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
20 + Mins : $30 Gap Fee
- 20:00 + (mins:secs)
- $101.70 paid with $71.70 instantly back from Medicare
- $90 gap after Medicare rebates (total will vary based on item numbers)
- $25 Fluquadri (Quadrivalent flu vaccine)
- $75 Havrix (Hepatitis A)
- $25 Engerix-B/HBII VAX (Hepatitis B)
- $85 Twinrix (Hepatitis A + B)
- $65 Typhim Vi (Typhoid)
- $165 Vivaxim (Hepatitis A + Typhoid)
- $150 Gardasil (HPV)
- $45 Boostrix (Whooping cough/Tetanus/Diptheria)
Booking an Appointment
Note the billing is based on how long you actually spend with the doctor.
5 Minute Appointments
- de-sensitisation injections
- vaccinations only - flu, whooping cough (NOT travel vaccinations)
- repeat wart treatment
10 Minute Appointments
Basically everything else (except laceration repair)
- multiple issues
- urine infections
- ear complaints (including syringing)
- STD infections (or wanting to test for STD)
- cough/colds/sore throat/sinus complaints
- dressing change
- possible fractures (includes wrist/hand/fingers/ankle injuries)
- travel advice and vaccinations
- childrens vaccinations
- abdominal pain
- chest pain
- eye issues
- results follow-up
- wound reviews
- removal of sutures
20 Minute Appointments
- likely laceration repair
Payment is made at time of consultation
- Full payment is made by Cash, Credit Card or EFTPOS.
- We use EASYCLAIM which puts your Medicare rebate back into your account within seconds.