From July 9, 2018.
We don’t think its fair for patients to pay over $90 ($50+ gap) in the CBD, especially for simple issues that only take a few minutes to sort out.
Our fees are based on the time actually spent with the doctor. As a result our average gap fee (after Medicare rebate) is about $10.
Even longer duration appointments incur a gap of about half the CBD average.
We are able to do this because we carefully match appointment duration to the different types of patient presentations. The result is better patient flow with less doctor down-time. So we don't allocate longer than needed and charge the patient for it.
For Medicare card holders:
Bulk-Billed - Strictly these reasons only :
- Scripts - repeat scripts for medication already being taken
- Injections -allergy/depot contraceptive/B12 only
- Vaccinations - flu & whooping cough only (NOT travel vaccinations)
- Referral - repeat specialist referrals including GP Mental Health Plans
- Must book a 5 minute appointment
- Appointment should take a few minutes only
- NO other issues
Private Fee - All other issues :
- The fee is based on the actual time spent with the doctor:
< 10 Mins :
- $7 Gap Fee
- 0:00 - 9:59 (mins:secs)
- $44.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
10-15 Mins :
- $14 Gap Fee
- 10:00 - 14:59 (mins:secs)
- $51.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
15-20 Mins :
- $21 Gap Fee
- 15:00 - 19:59 (mins:secs)
- $58.60 paid with $37.60 instantly back from Medicare
20+ Mins :
- $28 Gap Fee
- 20:00 + (mins:secs)
- $100.80 paid with $72.80 instantly back from Medicare
- $85 gap after Medicare rebates (total will vary based on item numbers)
- $25 Fluquadri (Quadrivalent flu vaccine)
- $75 Havrix (Hepatitis A)
- $25 Engerix-B/HBII VAX (Hepatitis B)
- $85 Twinrix (Hepatitis A + B)
- $65 Typhim Vi (Typhoid)
- $165 Vivaxim (Hepatitis A + Typhoid)
- $150 Gardasil (HPV)
- $45 Boostrix (Whooping cough/Tetanus/Diptheria)
All patients without a Medicare card are billed $81
Payment is made at time of consultation
- Full payment is made by Cash, Credit Card or EFTPOS.
- We use EASYCLAIM which puts your Medicare rebate back into your account within seconds.