We don’t think its fair for patients to pay around $90 in the CBD for simple issues that only take a few minutes to sort out.
Our fees are based on the time actually spent with the doctor.
As a result our average gap fee is less than half the Melbourne CBD average.
We will take the time to properly deal with the issue at hand - it takes as long as it takes, but we don't allocate longer than needed and charge the patient for it. If the problem is sorted, its sorted.
The way we can make this work is by carefully allocating an appropriate time to each patient appointment with our booking system. See below.
All patients without a Medicare card are billed $81.
For Medicare card holders:
( 1 - 2 Mins )
These issues only:
- De-sensitisation injections
- Flu & Whooping Cough Vaccinations (vaccine cost may be additional)
- Repeat referrals
< 10 Mins
- $12 gap fee ($49.60 paid with $37.60 back from Medicare)
10 – 14 Mins
- $17 gap fee ($54.60 paid with $37.60 back from Medicare)
15 – 19 Mins
- $22 gap fee ($59.60 paid with $37.60 back from Medicare)
20 Mins +
- $22 gap fee ($93.70 paid with $71.70 back from Medicare)
- $90 gap after Medicare rebates (total will vary based on item numbers)
- $25 Fluquadri (Quadrivalent flu vaccine)
- $75 Havrix (Hepatitis A)
- $25 Engerix-B/HBII VAX (Hepatitis B)
- $85 Twinrix (Hepatitis A + B)
- $65 Typhim Vi (Typhoid)
- $165 Vivaxim (Hepatitis A + Typhoid)
- $150 Gardasil (HPV)
- $45 Boostrix (Whooping cough/Tetanus/Diptheria)
Booking an Appointment
Note the billing is based on how long you spend with the doctor.
5 Minute Appointments
- de-sensitisation injections
- vaccinations only - flu, whooping cough, repeat Hep B (NOT travel vax)
10 Minute Appointments
- multiple issues
- urine infections
- ear complaints (including syringing)
- STD infections (or wanting to test for STD)
- cough/colds/sore throat/sinus complaints
- dressing change
- possible fractures (includes wrist/hand/fingers/ankle injuries)
- travel advice and vaccinations
- childrens vaccinations
- abdominal pain
- chest pain
- eye issues
- results follow-up
- wound reviews
- removal of sutures
20 Minute Appointments
- likely laceration repair
Payment is made at time of consultation
- Full payment is made by Cash, Credit Card or EFTPOS.
- We use EASYCLAIM which puts your Medicare rebate back into your account within seconds.